Food Material List
- 1 Tender lotus root 500g
- 1 New flowers and tender lotus root 500g;
- 2 Peel, wash and cut into small dices.
- 3 Cut ginger, garlic and scallion into small pieces and set aside.
- 4 Put the diced lotus root in a covered container, add two spoons of salt, ginger and garlic, cover and shake the lid by hand, then put it in the refrigerator and marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- 5 Remove the pickled lotus root and pour out the water.
- 6 Put the shallot powder in a bowl, add a spoon of raw soy sauce, a spoon of cooking wine, two spoons of vinegar, two spoons of sesame oil, one spoon of chopped pepper sauce, two spoons of sugar, a proper amount of chicken essence and pepper powder, mix evenly and season into sauce.
- 7 Pour the sauce into the lotus root.
- 8 Mix well and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
To make this dish, we must choose the fresh and tender lotus root which has just come into the market. Only the thin and crisp part with the tip should be taken. The color should be white and translucent. When we look at it, we should have enough water and the skin should be thin enough to appear or not. It is the best and tenderest lotus root which is suitable for cold dressing.