Honey cake is a famous cake from Nagasaki, Japan. The Japanese word for honey cake is `, which is transliterated from Portuguese `Castela. As the only open commercial port in Japan in the 16th century, Nagasaki absorbed many Western cultures and commodities introduced by Portuguese missionaries, including honey cake. Honey cakes are all made of natural materials, without any additives, and they are very sweet to eat. So they are loved by the people of Nagasaki once they are introduced. They are imitated and made in the folk, and gradually become the specialty of Nagasaki. Up to now, it has developed into a variety of tea, brown sugar and cocoa flavors. Although the material is simple, to make a golden surface, even and soft honey cake is also a test of detail, so we recommend that you read every step including the final tips to ensure the success rate. The recipe can be used for a long cake with a size of 20 x 10 x 7 cm.
Food Material List
- 1 Medium-sized eggs at room temperature 4
- 2 Berry sugar 80g
- 3 Strong flour 120g
- 4 Honey 40g
- 5 Warm milk 30ml
- 1 Coat the bottom of a long toast mold with oil and spread baking paper. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- 2 Pour honey into warm milk and mix well.
- 3 Separate egg white from yolk. Beat the egg white in a large clean container. Use electric beater to whisk the egg white quickly until the volume is doubled. Pour 1/3 of the fine sugar into the egg whisker and continue to whisk.
- 4 In the meantime, whisk in the remaining sugar until the egg white is 7 and distribute.
- 5 That is, the egg white is no longer liquid, but white flowers, shiny, similar to the state of butter, also known as wet foaming. When the egg beater is lifted, a long strip of sharp horns can be formed.
- 6 Add an egg yolk and replace it with a scraper. Turn the container clockwise and mix gently from around to the center. Make sure you are specific when mixing. If you start clockwise, you should always go downward. If you are counterclockwise, you should always go downward. It is easy to defoam the egg white. Repeat the steps above until the yolk is used up. Cut and mix one yolk evenly before adding the next yolk. Be patient and add one by one. If you add all the eggs at once, it will defoam the whites you whipped before.
- 7 Pour in the blended milk and honey and continue to mix in the previous direction.
- 8 Sift in 2 to 3 batches of high gluten flour. Keep a scraper in one direction while turning the container. Cut the cake paste gently from around to the center and mix evenly.
- 9 Set the cake paste for 10 to 15 seconds, lift the container and knock it on the table for a few times, so as to remove the bubbles inside.
- 10 Slowly pour the cake paste into the mould. Use a chopstick to mark a few Z words in the cake paste to remove excess bubbles. Lift the mould and knock it on the table. Bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. If it is found in the baking process that too fast color on the surface of the cake can reduce the oven temperature by 10 degrees Celsius.
- 11 When the surface of the baked cake is golden, a very light squeaky sound can be obtained by pressing it gently.
- 12 Remove the baked cake from the oven, lift it lightly on the table and fall a few times. After wrinkling, turn it upside down on a clean surface (wood-cut vegetable board is the best). After about 30 seconds to 1 minute, turn over the mould, take out the cake with baking paper, wrap it in a fresh-keeping film and put it aside for cooling. This step can reduce the sinking of the cake and keep the surface smooth.
- 13 When the cake is cooled, tear off the bottom baking paper and cut off the coke around the cake.
- 14 Cut it into small pieces and eat it.
- 15 In order to share the convenience and warmth of high-quality recipes, I once again opened a Wechat Public Number: May Square Food, welcome your enthusiastic attention! All the recipes are my original and repeated experiments, please rest assured that you use them.