Chaoshan people call white sugar “sugar returning to sand” as one of the well-known banquet dishes in Chaoshan area. It is a kind of cooking method to dissolve white sugar into syrup and then put the fried food into syrup so that it can be cooled and solidified into self-frost and return to sand intentionally.
Food Material List
- 1 Taro 1 (600g)
- 2 Self-salted sugar 1 bowls
- 3 Green onion Appropriate amount
- 1 Prepare taro and onion
- 2 Peel taro and cut into pieces (whichever is the cube). Sugar. Cut green onions into onions in a bowl.
- 3 Put down the taro and fry it in medium or small heat until the oil temperature rises.
- 4 Deep-fry until the surface is slightly hard and yellowish.
- 5 Wash the frying pan clean (oil-free) with a small amount of water
- 6 Boil sugar into syrup over low heat until the syrup is a little thick, then mix the onions in it.
- 7 Then pour the fried taro into the syrup, turn off the fire and stir-fry quickly until the taro is coated with the syrup to form sand.
- 8 finished product