Victoria Sponge, also known as Victoria Sponge sponge cake and raspberry jam cake, is a pastry name. Legend has it that Queen Victoria lived in seclusion after her husbands death. More than a year later, in order to welcome the Queen back to work, her husbands former secretary prepared the cake carefully, especially at the tea party held by her husband, so she got the name.
Food Material List
- 1 Low-gluten flour 90g
- 2 Unsalted Butter 150g
- 3 Powdered sugar 90g
- 4 Egg 3
- 5 Unsalted butter 100g
- 6 vanilla powder 5g
- 7 Baking powder 5g
- 8 raspberry jam 150g
- 1 Preparing raw materials
- 2 Divide the eggs into yolk and egg white. Beat the yolk evenly and add vanilla powder, 30g sugar powder to set aside.
- 3 Add the remaining sugar powder and beat with an electric egg beater until stiff foam.
- 4 Mix egg yolk paste with protein paste, add baking powder, finally add low gluten flour, butter and pour into the mould; 100 g light butter and 10 g sugar powder are whisked to 60% for use.
- 5 Cake body: The oven is heated up and down at 170 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove and cool off.
- 6 Cut into two even pieces
- 7 Spread cream and raspberry sauce in turn
- 8 Cover another slice of cake with icing sugar
- 9 You can start it. Its better to have a pot of English black tea.